What are the Social Networks?
Send personal update and public messages. Search what's going on right now.
Fan pages for promoting business. Develop applications on facebook platform.
Google Wave is an online tool for real-time communication and collaboration. A wave can be both a conversation
and a document where people can discuss and work together using richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.
Connect and share with people in your company or organization.
Partnerpedia is an independent online community that enables partner-to-partner networking.
Other open social networks:
- Connectodex: valuable for small business folks due to the small size and targeted focus of the membership.
- StartUpNation - a wealth of information focused on startups and very active community.
Wall St Journal – community build around subscribers and geared, as one might suspect to professionals and financial folks.
- Small Business Brief – heavy dose of search engine related content but very active small business focus.
Inc magazine – another popular business related magazine with community of entrepreneurs.
- StartUp Biz – very fast growing network with lots of tools to promote yourself.
- PartnerUp – small business focus and big on helping people find answers and connections for the things they need.
- BizSugar -
allows you to submit, share and vote for the best business information
links on the Internet.. Great place to promote and discover your small
- CoFoundr – Programmers and designers use the site to find co-founders, build teams, and get advice.
- Entrepreneur magazine – Entrepreneur magazine’s community site has a lot of activity and content.
- Business Week Exchange –
Site from Business Week magazine is a great place to promote and find
content on the web, tends to be a bit larger business focused.
- Naymz – one of the better sites for those focused on building personal brands – highly indexed in the search engines.