General email: info @ web2express.org
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
(Silicon valley)Follow web2express on
: @web2expressAJ Chen
AJ Chen, Ph.D. is an advocate of personalized healthcare and semantic web, promoting technology for improving access to quality health care for everyone. Currently as the Director of Semantic Technology at Healthline Networks Inc., AJ is responsible for core semantic technologies powering top health search engines reaching 100M consumers per month. After winning HHS Healthy People Developer Challenge, AJ is also working with nonprofit public health organizations to leverage emerging consumer health technologies. He chairs the Data Committee on the HHS Region IX Health Equity Council, and contributes to the Consumer Health Consortium at National eHealth Collaborative. AJ is on the organizing committee at nonprofit SVForum for annual Health IT Symposium. He was the founding Chair of SVForum Semantic Web SIG. Previously, AJ worked in genomics companies to develop genetic information products for consumers. After post-doc research at Harvard and Duke medical schools, AJ partnered with Nobel Prize winner Dr. Barry Marshall to introduce new medical discovery in China. AJ earned his PhD in life sciences from University of Utah and BS in Chemistry from Fudan University.
- Winner of HHS myHealthyPeople Developer Challenge (Received
award from US HHS Assistant Secretary of Health), March 2011.
- Chair, Data Committee, HHS Region IX Health Equity Council, 2011-present.
- Member of the Consumer Health Consortium, National eHealth Collaborative, 2011-present.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, Annual Healthcare Technology Innovation Symposium, SVForum.org, Silicon Valley, 2010-present.
- Co-chair, Web2.0 SIG, SVForum, Silicon Valley, 2011.
- Founding Chair, Semantic Web SIG, SVForum, Silicon Valley, 2007-2010.
Events and Presentations:
- Moderator for panel discussion “Technology and Social Innovation to End Health Disparities”, SVForum Health Tech Conference, Silicon Valley, 5/16/2012.
- Moderator for panel discussion on breaking software architecture traditions with mobile, noSQL and cloud, SVForum Software Architecture SIG, 3/2012.
- Moderator for panel discussion: "New Frontiers of Social Gaming", SVForum Web2.0 SIG, Mountain View, CA. 7/25/2011.
- Member of organizing committee for SDForum "Healthcare Technology Innovation Boom Symposium", Palo Alto, CA. 5/18/2011.
- Presented "Enterprise Search across Data Sets: How Healthline Does It" on Enterprise Data World Conference, Chicago, IL. 4/5/2011.
- Presented "Semantic Search Technology Improving Medically Guided Searches" on Silicon Valley Personal Health Technology meetup, Palo Alto, CA. 3/31/2011.
- Moderator for Panel discussion: "Investing in Clouds over the Pacific", SDForum Web2.0 SIG, Palo Alto, CA. 1/5/2011.
- Presented "Enterprise Social Computing", Fudan University Business School, June 2010.
- Member of organizing committee for SDForum "Healthcare Technology Innovation Symposium", Palo Alto, CA. May 2010.
- Presented "Building
Search Engine in the Social Media Era" on SDForum SAM SIG, Palo Alto, CA. 3/24/2010.
- Organizer and Moderator for panel discussion “Entering Intelligent
Web under Cover” on the Semantic Technology Conference, San Jose, CA. 6/16/2009.
- Organizer and Moderator for panel discussion “Will
Semantics Give Web Search a Face-lift?” on the Semantic Technology
Conference, San Jose, CA. 5/20/2008.
- Co-Organizer for Panel
Discussion: "Web 3.0 Semantics? Silicon Valley Meets the World Experts",
2007 Semantic Technology Conference, San Jose, CA. 5/22/2007.
- Chair, Demo Committee, 2006 IEEE Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference, Stanford University. 8/14-18/2006.
- Chair, Workshop Committee, 2005 IEEE Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference, Stanford University. 8/8-11/2005.
- Co-Organizer for event: "Bioconvergence: Catalyst for our Economic Future", Stanford University. 11/20/2003.
ajchen @ web2express.org
1-650-283-4091Connect on LinkedIn